Do you want to add an Amazon affiliate store to your WordPress site? Amazon is the world’s largest online store that helps thousands of merchants to sell products across the world. They have an official affiliate system that allows you to refer Amazon products to your website audience and earn affiliate commission. In this article, we’ll show you how to create an Amazon affiliate store with WordPress and make money online.
How to Begin With an Amazon Affiliate Store and WordPress
Amazon is a well-known ecommerce store with hundreds of thousands of products. They enable anyone to sell online by simply listing their products in their store.
The Amazon Associates is an affiliate program by Amazon that allows you to make money by promoting Amazon products on your website. You can either create a new online store with Amazon affiliate system or use your existing site to list and sell their products and make money online.
If you plan to create a new ecommerce store that sells Amazon products, then simply use WordPress with WooCommerce. The combination of WordPress and WooCommerce can help you create an amazing ecommerce store with tons of features.
To create a new Amazon affiliate store, you need to use a self-hosted WordPress platform. You can read about the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
You’ll need a domain name and WordPress hosting to create an online store.
The combined cost of a domain name, SSL certificate and hosting can seem like quite a lot when you’re starting out with a new online store.
Fortunately, we’ve bargained a deal with Bluehost (a WordPress and WooCommerce recommended hosting provider) for our users to get a free domain name, free SSL certificate, and a huge discount on web hosting.
It will cut down your initial cost to $6.95 / month.
After purchasing your domain name, web hosting, and SSL certificate, you should read our step by step guide on how to create an online store. This guide will help you in setting up WordPress and WooCommerce.
Once you are done with the installations, simply follow the step by step guide to create your own Amazon affiliate store with WordPress.
Getting Your Amazon Affiliate Account
To get an Amazon affiliate account, you can go ahead and sign up for Amazon Associates.
In the Amazon affiliate program website, click on the Join Now for Free button.
It’ll take you to the login page. You can either login to your existing account or sign up for a new account.
After logging in, you need to complete your profile to continue. You’ll need to submit the payee information and your website or mobile app details.
Note: You can read their instructions on every page to complete the required information.
Once completed, you’ll need to wait until your application is reviewed and approved as an Amazon associate.
Adding Amazon Products to Your WordPress Store
It is easy to add your Amazon affiliate products in WordPress with WooCommerce. You can simply integrate the products into your site as a native user and sell them online.
First thing you need to do is go to the Products » Add New page in your WordPress site’s admin area. Start by adding a title and full description of the new product.
Once added, you should scroll down to the Product Data section. In the product type dropdown, you need to select External/Affiliate Product.
After that, you need to add the product affiliate URL.
Simply go to Amazon Associates and search for the product that you want to list in your site. Next, you need to click on the Get link button right next to that product to get its affiliate URL.
Go ahead and copy this URL. Now come back to your product page in WordPress admin area and paste the URL in the Product URL field.
According to the terms of Amazon Associates, you shouldn’t add product prices manually. You need to leave both the regular price and sales price fields blank.
Upon adding the product affiliate URL, scroll down the page to add a short and specific product description. Make sure to be precise in your words as this information will be displayed on your shop’s front page and in the search results for users.
On the right side of the screen, you can set a main product image and add product gallery images. The main image will appear on the shop page and the gallery images will appear when the user opens the product for full view.
Note: Amazon allows you to add your custom product photos as the main and gallery images. It is not necessary to repost the same images available on Amazon.com
Once you are done with adding all the product information and images, go ahead and click on the Publish button to see the products on your site.
To add more products, you can repeat this process and visit your Amazon affiliate store to see all the products listed on the shop page.
We recommend you to keep adding more relevant products often to your Amazon affiliate store. It will help your visitors to stay connected to your online shop. You can also ask users to leave their feedback and reviews, which is indeed the best way to add social proof to your site and convince users to make a purchase.
Best Practices You Should Follow For Your Amazon Affiliate Store
Your Amazon affiliate store is ready and you can start making money online by selling more products. However, you need to expand the reach of your online store to get more visitors and customers.
Since you are using WordPress and WooCommerce for your online store, you can check out the best plugins for affiliate marketers to increase the visibility of your shop, get organic traffic, add RSS feeds, and more.
Here’s what we recommend to our users to do right after setting up an Amazon affiliate store with WordPress.
- Contact Form: Understand how visitors are perceiving your store by adding a contact form to your online store. You may also want to check out the best WordPress contact form plugins. The list can help you pick the best and simple contact form plugin for your site.
- Add Google Analytics Tracking: Want to know what works best on your store? Then, you’ll need to add Google Analytics tracking by installing the MonsterInsights plugin.
- Shop Security: Provide bulletproof security to your online store by installing some of the best WordPress and WooCommerce security plugins.
- Improve WordPress SEO: Boost your SEO by using the best WordPress SEO plugins. It will help you get more organic visitors on your shop.
- WordPress Backup: Schedule a backup of your online store with the best WordPress backup plugins. You can recover your affiliate shop site anytime in case of an emergency comes up.
- WordPress Online Store Performance: Improve your WordPress shop performance by installing the best WordPress caching and other performance plugins. Your products will load quickly and the process becomes blazing fast for the users to buy from your online shop.
- Grow Your Amazon Affiliate Store: You can grow your visitors and customers by using the best lead generation plugins for WordPress and WooCommerce.
We hope this article helped you learn how to create an Amazon affiliate store with WordPress. You may also want to see our expert pick of the must have WordPress plugins for business websites.
The post How to Create an Amazon Affiliate Store With WordPress (and Make Money) appeared first on IsItWP – WordPress Technology Lookup Tool.
What’s My SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.
- GetResponse Review: Is It Worth It? (Features, Pricing, and Alternatives) - January 28, 2022
- 9 Top Zoho Alternatives that are Worth Their Money - January 27, 2022
- How to Fix “This account has been suspended” Message - January 25, 2022