Do you want to build a review website? Building a review website is one of the best ways to make money online with affiliate marketing. In this article, we’ll show you how to profitably create a review website with WordPress like a pro.
What Is a Review Website?
A review website is a content website aimed at generating affiliate revenue by publishing product reviews in a specific yet broad category like mobile phones for example.
To create a review website, you’ll have to choose a specific niche, publish product reviews and refer affiliate products in that niche. You’ll get paid whenever someone purchases from your referral links.
After selecting a product, you can get an affiliate link and promote the product through that link on your site.
Requirements for Building a Review Website
To build a review website, you’ll need the following things:
- A domain name: It’s the web address of your website such as IsItWP.com or Google.com.
- Web hosting: This is where your website files are stored.
- WordPress plugins: We recommend using the following WordPress plugins for your review website.
- WP Product Review: Turn your posts into smart reviews with ratings.
- ThirstyAffiliates: The best affiliate link management plugin.
- MonsterInsights: The best Google Analytics plugin that also gives you insights into how well your affiliate links are performing on your site.
- WPForms: The best contact form plugin that also lets you publish user-generated reviews on your review website.
Step 1: Set Up a WordPress Website
We always recommend using WordPress to set up a review website. WordPress is the most popular website builder in the world. It gives you endless possibilities to build and customize your website.
To build a review website with WordPress, you’ll need to purchase a domain name and web hosting.
Bluehost is one of the largest hosting providers in the world. It’s also an officially recommended hosting provider by WordPress.org.
For more details, read our article on how to build a website with WordPress.
Step 2: Transform Your Typical Website Into a Product Review Site
Next, you’ll need to install and activate the WP Product Review plugin on your site. The plugin lets you easily turn your WordPress articles into smart reviews with ratings. It also allows you to easily add star ratings next to your reviews in Google search results.
Some key features of WP Product Review are:
- Position your review box anywhere in your post.
- Add comparison tables to your review posts. This allows your visitors to easily select the right product they want from the table.
- Customize the review table and rating icons the way you want.
- Save your time by automatically importing Amazon product info.
After activating the plugin, a new menu item, Product Review will be added to WordPress admin. Clicking on it will take you to plugin’s settings page.
In the General settings tab, you can change the position of review box, enable or disable review comments, rich snippets, review post type, etc.
Next, head over to Rating colors tab where you can change the colors of rating options, rating chart, weak rating, not bad rating, good and very good rating.
You can then select the typography you want and customize the buy button the way you want.
Step 3: Publish Reviews in WordPress
Publishing reviews is easy with the WP Product Review plugin.
In your page editor, you can find a meta box, Product Review Extra Settings.
If you’re publishing a review post, you can choose Yes. Then, you’ll be prompted to choose a review template, specify product categories, add affiliate links and more.
Once you’re done, you can publish your post.
Recommended Plugins for Creating a Review Website
We highly recommend you to install the following WordPress plugins on your review website.
ThirstyAffiliates is one of the best affiliate link management plugin. It lets you easily organize your affiliate links in a single location, so you can insert affiliate links in your articles right from your post editor.
When you organize all of your affiliate links in a single place, you can quickly find and replace the links without hassle.
This comes in handy especially when the company you promote modifies the affiliate link that you’ve added to your articles. You don’t have to dig deeper into every blog post you publish to find and replace the affiliate links. Instead, you can simply replace the affiliate link in your WordPress admin. This will automatically change the links inserted on all of your posts.
The plugin also lets you clock your affiliate link so you can turn your ugly affiliate links into pretty links.
Read the complete ThirstyAffiliates review.
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. With MonsterInsights, you can easily set up Google Analytics and even enable affiliate link tracking on your site.
By enabling affiliate link tracking, you can understand what works best for your audience. It can also give you insights into how to optimize your review site for boosting affiliate commission.
By tracking the clicks on your affiliate links, you can figure out:
- Most profitable traffic sources
- Top earning pages in your website
- Understand what type of content works best for generating affiliate revenue
Read the complete MonsterInsights review.
WPForms is the best contact form plugin for WordPress. The plugin makes it easy to build any types of online forms with ease, such as payment forms, login forms, etc.
WPForms allows users to leave reviews on your WordPress site. With its post submission feature, you can create a frontend post submission form. When a user fills out the form, the entry will be submitted to your WordPress admin as a post or page for your review. That way you can review the submitted entries and then publish it.
Read the complete WPForms review.
We hope this guide helped you create a review website with WordPress. If you enjoyed this article, then you may also want to check out our article on creating a professional business email with G Suite.
The post How to Create a Review Website with WordPress Like a Pro (Step by Step) appeared first on IsItWP – WordPress Technology Lookup Tool.
What’s My SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.
- How to Properly Create a Wholesale Order Form in WordPress - April 30, 2020
- How to Create a “Google Forms Style” Form in WordPress - April 29, 2020
- How to Create a Full-Screen Welcome Mat Optin Form in WordPress - April 28, 2020