Creating social profiles for your business has become an important factor in social proof marketing where you show new visitors that you are known, liked, and trusted by clients.
Facebook is an important social profile to set up for your business. With over 1 billion users on Facebook, your ability to connect with others is great. But many small business owners forget to do this one step: create a Facebook custom URL.
If you don’t create the Facebook vanity URL, then your Facebook page can look something like this:
That makes adding the link to your website difficult and adding it to your business card almost impossible. Plus, who’ll remember that link?
How to Create a Facebook Page Vanity URL
Once you have your Facebook page setup:
1. Go to facebook.com/username. From here you first need to create a username for your personal profile first.
After creating your personal username, then you can move to personalize your Facebook page username.
There are guidelines to follow when choosing a name:
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you create a custom username:
- You can’t claim a username someone else is already using.
- Choose a username you’ll be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable, and you can only change your username once.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Periods (“.”) and capitalization don’t count as a part of a username. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters long and can’t contain generic terms or extensions (ex: .com, .net).
- You must be an admin to choose a username for a Page.
- Your username must adhere to the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
2. Type in what you’d like to use and check availability. You want to make it easy to remember and make it about your business if you can.
If Facebook shows that the name you typed in is available, congratulations, you can use this for your Facebook Page. Click confirm to use it for your page.
Once you have changed your page to your vanity url you can use this shorter link for all your communications with potential clients.
What’s My SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.
- ActiveCampaign Alternatives: Best Options for Small Businesses in 2021 - October 13, 2021
- 9 Best WordPress Store Locator Plugins [Free + Paid] - October 12, 2021
- How to Track and Monitor User Activity in WordPress - October 11, 2021