Are you looking for the best file upload plugin for WordPress?
With the right WordPress file upload plugin, you can let your users upload files from the frontend or backend.
In this article, we’ll show you some of the best file upload plugins for WordPress.
Choosing the Best File Upload Plugin for WordPress
As there are dozens of WordPress file upload plugins, choosing the best file upload plugin can be intimidating. You should look for a plugin that matches most of your requirements and is easy to use.
When selecting a file upload plugin, here are a few factors you need to consider:
- User uploads: Allow users to upload files without logging into your site.
- Attachment file type: Support multiple file types, including the common and advanced file extensions.
- File upload size: Choose a maximum allowed file upload size and limit your users from uploading large files.
- Storage: Choose a storage location, like your hosting, third-party apps, such as Google Drive .
Let’s take a look at some of the best file upload plugins for WordPress.
1. WPForms: Best File Upload Form Plugin
It comes with a drag and drop form builder that lets you add and manage fields, buttons, and other options on your file upload form.
2. WP User Frontend: Best Frontend File Uploader
WP User Frontend is a free WordPress plugin that comes with a frontend dashboard, frontend editor, and frontend file uploader for your users. It lets your users update their profiles and submit posts from the frontend.
The plugin allows your users to attach files and upload images in their posts. It also comes with a drag and drop form builder and a real-time preview to set up file upload forms easily.
3. Ninja Forms: Yet Another File Upload Form Plugin
Ninja Forms is yet another WordPress contact form plugin that comes with a user-friendly and flexible file upload form for your users.
It provides seamless integration with popular third-party storage services to store the uploaded files. This way, you don’t need to pay more for web hosting space.
4. Ajax Multi Upload: For Smoother Uploading Experience
Ajax Multi Upload is a premium file upload plugin for WordPress. It comes with custom filters, image resizer, single or multiple file uploads, and more.
With Ajax functionality, users will get a smooth file uploading experience without page load or refresh.
5. WordPress File Upload: Free Uploader Plugin
WordPress File Upload is a free and simple file upload plugin. You can use this plugin to receive file attachments from your users.
The plugin lets your users upload files from any page, post, or sidebar. To display the file upload button, all you have to do is to use the shortcode wherever you want.
6. WP Extra File Types: Supports Multiple File Extensions
WP Extra File Types is an extension to the default WordPress file upload option. It supports a lot of different types of file extensions so users can upload any file to the WordPress media library.
It also works with other file upload plugins to extend the functionality. You can install the plugin and start uploading files right away.
7. WooCommerce Drag & Drop Uploader: Uploader for WooCommerce
WooCommerce Drag & Drop Uploader is a useful WordPress file upload plugin for eCommerce sites. It comes in handy if you want to allow your users to upload photos of the products that have been delivered recently. That way users can report any issue with the delivery.
The plugin uses Ajax to upload files without refreshing the page. The plugin is easy to use and requires no coding to set up.
8. WP Media File Manager: Best Folder Uploader Plugin
WP Media File Manager is a powerful WordPress uploader plugin that lets you upload folders on your site and manages them efficiently. The plugin creates folders in your WordPress media library.
With its built-in file extension feature, you can also upload files of specific extensions in WordPress.
We hope this article helped you find the best file upload plugin for WordPress. You may also want to check out our guide on how to create a file upload form in WordPress.
The post 8 Best File Upload Plugins for WordPress (Compared) appeared first on IsItWP – Free WordPress Theme Detector.
What’s My SEO Score?
Enter the URL of any landing page or blog article and see how optimized it is for one keyword or phrase.
- 6 Best WordPress Accessibility Plugins for 2021 (Compared) - February 17, 2021
- Advanced Coupons Review: Make Smart WooCommerce Coupons in 2021 - February 16, 2021
- How to Alert Your Customers of a Price Drop in WooCommerce - February 15, 2021